This is Daniele and I’m a WordPress developer based in the Amsterdam, Netherlands.
I just took over Free WP Tube from Greg and I’m excited to send out this little presentation and announcement today!
First of all I want to reassure you: the support is still here, the themes are still here and work without any problems. You can get in touch with me directly from the contact page or leaving a comment below.
Free WP Tube Theme version 5.0 is alive and kicking
The number one priority is now to work on the new version 5.0 that many of you are waiting for a long time.
Those are the main new features planned:
Responsive design: this is #1 request now that 40% of tube traffic is coming from tablets and mobile (source: Youtube)
Full-width page template: for wider pages with no sidebar, more space for the videos!
Using a custom post type: this is a code change that will allow to run a blog on a tube website
At the moment I don’t have a release date, as the programming will require some time and we have to test carefully the update procedure.
You won’t need to check the website every day, to stay informed on the new version just join the new mailing list:
Even better, get 30% off your order! That’s right, 30% discount if you use our coupon code WPTube.
We recommend their Baby Plan, it only costs $7.95 after the first month and you can add unlimited domains!
After you sign up for their hosting, just contact us and send us log in details. Also, give us some info about the site (site name, theme…).
Unzip the content. Package contains both the theme and plugin files. They need to be installed or uploaded separately, it is best to use a FTP client for that. If you use WP theme install function, make sure that you install theme and plugins separately, or your will get the “CSS file missing” error!
put the plugins that come with the theme into your plugin directory and enable them
Start adding videos (posts). Here is how:
Go to Posts/Add New
Type the title and text of the post
Choose the category for the post
Add the video. Go to Custom Fields area below the post text area
Add custom field named thumb with value being the URL to your thumbnail (see example in image below)
Add custom field named video_code and with value being your video embed code (see in example)
Add custom field named duration, value is video duration (example: 4:55)
If you want to promote a certain site with this video, you can also add link to that site, using:
paysite_url – URL of the Pay Site for single page. Example: http://www.google.com
paysite_title – Title of the Pay Site for single page (you don’t have to set up paysite title and url if you don’t want
Example of how custom fields look like:
In WordPress 3.1+ you need to enable custom fields by clicking on Screen Options menu in top right corner and selecting them. See the image below:
4. Set up the number of posts displayed on front page in Settings/Reading
5. You can setup your your main page and video page sidebars and add ads or any other text in Apperance/Widgets. To ad html code for the Ad, simply use the Text Widget
6. In Apperance/Theme options you have A LOT of things you can customize. Please take a good look at that and read instructions there. The theme is easy to use from here on and incredibly customizable!
7. You can use Apperance/Menus settings to set up top menu. By default if shows categories, but you can set it to show anything you want
8. For top right and bottom menu use Theme Options menu and simple add post numbers you want to display there (example: 2, 24, 54)
9. You can edit how ratings look like (stars ratings on front page and all other pages) in Rating menu, on bottom of your Admin menu. Recommended template for front page is: %RATINGS_IMAGES_VOTE%
10. If you need any more help, please use the contact form on this site.
See the DEMO, it will also help you with easier setup.
Setup is very simple and it comes with all the needed plugins. Read install.txt file that comes with the tube. For the fastest adding of videos you can try BlogDesk. Please use latest version of WordPress for this new theme (2.8+) or you will get an error.
HOW TO ADD THUMBS:
This is still just wordpress. It can not generate thumbs by itself. You need to either make a thumb an upload it to your server or hotlink to a thumb from sponsor or other site.
Here is what to do:
1. upload a thumb
2. go to custom fields below your post area (below of where you write post text).
3. create new custom field called “thumb” (without “”)
4. in value field put in url to thumb you uploaded or to thumb your sponsor or other site is hosting
5. click add custom field
This is the original free WordPress tube theme. It comes in two versions, general and adult (porn).
Please note that you are free to use this theme under the following rules in accordance with Creative Commons Attributions 2.5. This means the theme is free to use and change as long as you keep the author’s link in the template.
Check out recommended sponsors to use with your template here.
Important! This theme has NO bugs and works GREAT! Please read the attached install.txt file before asking any questions. Also feel free to contact us or ICQ us on 662-667. Also contact us if you want to have the credits (link) removed.
If you are looking for the quickest way to add posts and videos, you can try using BlogDesk. It’s free and it’s great!
Welcome to the Free WordPress (WP) Tube Theme! You can now turn WordPress into tube like site for free! This theme is easy very easy to use and with features and plugins of WordPress it's expandable beyond your imagination! Use any plugins you like, host your own video or embed from other sites, make money with affiliate links or just make yourself a star. Everything is possible with this theme!