This post contains information on how to setup Free WP tube 4.
Here are the basics, please follow them:
- Unzip the content. Package contains both the theme and plugin files. They need to be installed or uploaded separately, it is best to use a FTP client for that. If you use WP theme install function, make sure that you install theme and plugins separately, or your will get the “CSS file missing” error!
- Install WordPress and our theme, just like any other theme (we can do that for you for free, click here)
- put the plugins that come with the theme into your plugin directory and enable them
- Start adding videos (posts). Here is how:
- Go to Posts/Add New
- Type the title and text of the post
- Choose the category for the post
- Add the video. Go to Custom Fields area below the post text area
- Add custom field named thumb with value being the URL to your thumbnail (see example in image below)
- Add custom field named video_code and with value being your video embed code (see in example)
- Add custom field named duration, value is video duration (example: 4:55)
- If you want to promote a certain site with this video, you can also add link to that site, using:
- paysite_url – URL of the Pay Site for single page. Example: http://www.google.com
- paysite_title – Title of the Pay Site for single page (you don’t have to set up paysite title and url if you don’t want
Example of how custom fields look like:
In WordPress 3.1+ you need to enable custom fields by clicking on Screen Options menu in top right corner and selecting them. See the image below:
4. Set up the number of posts displayed on front page in Settings/Reading
5. You can setup your your main page and video page sidebars and add ads or any other text in Apperance/Widgets. To ad html code for the Ad, simply use the Text Widget
6. In Apperance/Theme options you have A LOT of things you can customize. Please take a good look at that and read instructions there. The theme is easy to use from here on and incredibly customizable!
7. You can use Apperance/Menus settings to set up top menu. By default if shows categories, but you can set it to show anything you want
8. For top right and bottom menu use Theme Options menu and simple add post numbers you want to display there (example: 2, 24, 54)
9. You can edit how ratings look like (stars ratings on front page and all other pages) in Rating menu, on bottom of your Admin menu. Recommended template for front page is: %RATINGS_IMAGES_VOTE%
10. If you need any more help, please use the contact form on this site.
See the DEMO, it will also help you with easier setup.